30th December


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Mariposa
December 30th 2014
Published: January 5th 2015
Edit Blog Post

We were up and one the road at 6.30 to head the hour to Yosemite NP. Ryan was quiet happy as the tour guide played a whole Johnny Cash CD which suited the landscape perfectly. Being in the NP was amazing as it is at the bottom of a valley which proved the felling you were almost trapped by the mountains. There were 3 or 4 large waterfalls and we eerie lucky some where still running this time of year. They are normally frozen over but it has been unseasonably warm here this year. Our tour guide informed us you could complete a junior ranger activity and receive a badge, so naturally Ryan had to do the worksheet which Theresa was greatly supportive with. After successfully complete the activity Ryan was awarded with his badge which he proudly wore all day. We then walked to look at another waterfall before heading for lunch. Although it was 2 degrees, it was probably the coldest we have been all trip due to the wind. In Canada there was almost no wind the whole time we were there, while today the wind would gust down the valley and make everything uncomfortable. We headed for a hit chocolate where we ran into some other friends from our trip. Our friends had bought a s'mores kit, which with the fireplace in the bistro we cooked up. A s'more is when you roast a marshmallow, place it with a piece of chocolate between a cracker then enjoy. The idea is that marshmallow melts the chocolate. We sat by the fire for a few ours while more people dropped by before heading back to our motel for dinner and an early night. We have an 8 hour trip into Las age gas tomorrow, leaving at 6am.



Photos to come

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb