Day 76


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Malibu
May 12th 2009
Published: May 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up and packed early to avoid being fined for a late check and then headed to LAX to collect our SUV for the week, we couldn't handle public transport again after the last episode!!!

It took about 3 hours to get to the airport to collect the car but when we arrived it was great! We had a choice of about 30 different cars and chose the top spec Dodge Grand (a 7 seater). It was white with blacked out windows, alloys and electric opening doors, classic!!

We managed to find our way back to the hostel to collect the lads and then we headed north towards Beverley Hills. We stumbled across UCLA on the way and thought we may get some cheap food and maybe a party here so headed onto campus! Everywhere was closing so we went off to the sports field and did as all good english boys do and played a big game of footy on the field!

After that we headed up towards Mulholland drive where the stars live and then down to the playboy mansion, the best house in LA! When we arrived we looked up and the gates were huge! The we heard these strange animal type noises so started shouting back to them telling the playboy girls that the english lads had arrived, there was no reply!!! Then the animals made more noises so we made animal noises back! This went on for about 5 minutes before a rock with a speaker in it spoke to us saying 'are you boys trying to mate with the peacocks?' We all burst out laughing and chatted to the security guard for a minute before jumping back in the and heading north towards Malibu and somewhere to stay for the night!

We headed to Malibu and found a nice quiet area and decided that this would be a good place to crash for night! We endured a terrible nights sleep in the car outside what turned out to Pierce Brosnan's house!!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb