Day 72


Advertisement
Published: May 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left the brothel hostel early to head to West Hollywood, we got the bus to UCLA which we thought was close by (don't trust the lonely planet!) but it wasn't! So we started hiking down Wiltshire Blvd past these amazing apartment blocks looking for Lauren Conrad! We didn't see her and after about 2 miles we managed to find a taxi, that was about 20 minutes from the hostel and we never would have walked it! Naive English boys!

When we checked in we headed off for Robertson Avenue for some real star spotting. We headed off and after about 20 metres we walked straight past this little white dude that looked like Justin, he had 2 huge bouncers either side who waited outside the shop for him whilst he went in, surprisingly we didn't know who he was!

Then we got to Robertson, the place where the stars do there shopping, we went in a few shops looking and then stumbled across this nice cafe, full of women thinking they are from sex in the city, then we saw a star, it was only CBB star, Bridget Nelson! How crap is that! So we walked a bit further own and then bumped into the most famous man in America, Simon Webb from Blue! What a geek!

So we decided to head off to Rodeo Drive for a while and headed off. We were walking for about half an hour and decided to ask these policemen on bikes for directions. They looked at each other, looked at us and started giggling, what? Why were they doing this? The chuckled some more and came out with some sarcastic comment before telling us it was about 50 metres away! So we headed off!

On the way back to the hostel there was a bit of a me le, it was crawling with police and then we realised it was the coppers that gave us directions earlier, they had handcuffs on this woman and looked over at us, looked again and leant over and asked us if we found Rodeo Drive! How strange!

In the evening we met up with a friends friend who said she would take us out and show us the local life. We first went to a restaurant called Birds where the que was about 50 strong, we walked straight to the front and got a table, result! After we headed to a really cool club in Hollywood and partied like Paris, it was class!




Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0245s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb