Private LA Tour and an NBA Game at Staples


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
January 26th 2016
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

The Hollywood SignThe Hollywood SignThe Hollywood Sign

Jan 26 2016 18 The Hollywood Sign
Geo: 34.0533, -118.245

We had breakfast in 25 Degrees this morning and discovered that they make eggs benedict as well as they make burgers. Not cheap, but sooo good.

Today we had booked a private tour of LA with Abi from Blue Sky Tours.

It was a totally fabulous day. We had been to LA before but S and J and their boys hadn't. Abi made sure we saw a lot of it in one day.

We started with a close-up view of the Hollywood Sign, followed by a visit to Griffith Observatory. Sadly the Observatory wasn't open in the morning. We had visited it last time and would have liked to have shown the others, but unfortunately we couldn't afford to wait until after lunch.

After that we went on a brief four of some of the movie star's homes and drove along Mulholland Drive and Laurel Canyon before ending up at Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. We also spent some time at the Hollywood Bowl.

We got out to have a wander around Rodeo Drive for half an hour or so before moving onto the LA Farmers Market. After a walk around here, and the adjacent The Grove shopping centre, we returned to
The Hollywood BowlThe Hollywood BowlThe Hollywood Bowl

Jan 26 2016 30 The Hollywood Bowl
the market for Mexican food for a late lunch.

After lunch we headed to La Brea Tar Pits, which was fascinating and we hadn't managed to see on our previous visit. Abi then drove us to LA Live via the Coloseum and dropped us off there for pregame drinks.

Before leaving Melbourne, we had purchased very expensive tickets for an NBA game – LA Lakers vs Dallas Mavericks. I was a little worried about the expense, but needn't have been. We had fantastic seats, very close to the court and it was a fantastic game. Sadly, the Lakers lost, but only by 2 points, it had been incredibly close all game. The atmosphere was amazing and we all thoroughly enjoyed eating hot dogs, drinking wine and watching the game.

Abi then returned to the Staples Center to pick us up and return us to our hotel. We had previously arranged to have a drive through downtown LA on the way back, but we were all too tired, so just headed back to bed.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Rodeo DriveRodeo Drive
Rodeo Drive

Jan 26 2016 44 Rodeo Drive
The Grove LAThe Grove LA
The Grove LA

Jan 26 2016 54 Tram at the Grove LA
La Brea Tar PitsLa Brea Tar Pits
La Brea Tar Pits

Jan 26 2016 59 La Brea Tar Pits
Staples CenterStaples Center
Staples Center

Jan 26 2016 67 Staples Center Los Angeles


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0323s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb