LA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 29th 2008
Published: September 29th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We are at the end of our time in LA now and Jem has experienced her first hostel! She wasn't a big fan at first but she didn't mind it too much.
The first stop was Anaheim and Disneyland which was really nice but very tiring walking round a busy park dodging little (sometimes not so little) kids when our bodies think it is 4am! The motel was pretty nice and very close so had a great time.
Next stop was West Hollywood and the Hostel! The entrance looked pretty dire and Jem wanted to go straight to Fiji or another hotel. With no flights available and a price tag of over $200 for anywhere else we stuck here. Luckily the room turned out to be really nice and that was all we were really going to use for our one night stay. We spent the day at Rodeo drive and like true backpackers we strutted around in Raybans, Jem bought a really nice dress and then we went out for a great meal at the cheesecake factory!!
It has been a good start but we can't wait till Fiji!
Americans eat alot, are very loud (but great for customer service), and taxi drivers try to fleece you as much as they can until you tell them you do actually know where you have asked to be taken and it's not this way!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.098s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0666s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb