Pre-Service Training!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 18th 2008
Published: September 18th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Where is Vanuatu?Where is Vanuatu?Where is Vanuatu?

Sadly, the island nation of Vanuatu did not make the cut for the Universal Studios globe...
Hey All,

We're happy and healthy in Los Angeles, awaiting our 12 hour flight to New Zealand, followed by a 5 hour lay over, followed by a 3 hour flight to Vanuatu! We leave 9:30 pm Cali time tonight (Thursday) and arrive on Saturday, kind of weird.

Our group consists of 21, all but 4 are female, and ages range from 22-60 something. We are diverse and dynamic. One of our ice breaking activities revealed a prison volunteer, one who worked with the deaf in Zimbabwe, even a guy who has already served two seperate Peace Corps trips! Justin and I are working hard to mingle and meet everyone. It's such a relief to be around people with the same mindset, fears, and excitements!

When we arrive Saturday, we'll have the rest of that day to relax in a hotel! Then, a welcome type dinner on Sunday and orientation type activities all week. Hopefully more on that later.

When we arrived in Los Angeles, we met up with my college roommate Cindy and her friend Gabby and they took us to Universal Studios for the day. It was nice not to have to sit in the hotel and stew all day (since training didn't start until the next morning). We went out to eat last night, but other than that we haven't done much in the way of expereincing Los Angeles. The beach wasn't all that appealing considering we'll be surrounded by it for the next 2+ years.

Alright, that's all for now.
Love to you all,
Sheridan (& Justin, though he is snoozing by the pool right now)

Disclaimer: The contents of this blog are mine personally and do not reflect any position of the U.S. government or the Peace Corps.


Advertisement



19th September 2008

make every moment count
well girl crazy to think of it, but you are gone for good for two full years. i cant' wait to read all about your experiences on this blog. take care of yourself and make sure justin gets some sunscreen!
19th September 2008

And Away you Go !!!
Glad to hear from you, (Since Justin was passed out by the Pool) !! :) I suspect as I send this message you are in the air heading off to the Wild Blue Yonder !!! Looking forward to your next Blog entry, You both take care and catch you later, Luv Dad

Tot: 0.224s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 9; qc: 53; dbt: 0.1491s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb