LA ja vu


Advertisement
Published: August 4th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The bus packed with smelly Mexicans from San Luis Obispo to LA was more what I had expected from Greyhound, but still 5 hours wasn’t too uncomfortable. We rolled back into LA at 10 pm on Sunday night, the 101 South was still bumper to bumper traffic! Too many people in LA have cars, there’s just too many people in LA altogether. Jessie and Marie welcomed us back into their home like we’d been friends forever, however my stomach didn’t want to be my friend after Tommy’s. World famous chili cheese burgers apparently, I’m not sure how a burger joint can become so famous for putting cat’s diarrhea on an already sloppy burger. It did bring people together though, in the line there was a cop, ambo, 2 uneducated Australians, a gangster, a suit and tie businessman, and a Lakers fan.

On Monday Marie took us out to Westwood to see some friends from UCLA, and go to Diddy Riese. Take two awesome cookies, and some even better ice cream and you’ve got a sweet sandwich comparable to heaven, for only a buck fifty. We stayed another night with Rajah and finally got onto Jesse on Tuesday, so we headed straight out to Hermosa Beach. Surf City Hostel is an awesome place to stay, I had a view of the ocean and the pier from my window. I had my first small world moment, all my bunk mates were aussies, all were from Melbourne, one was from Yarraville, one from Boronia, and one from Upwey! Darren Oates’ cousin. Coinkydink!

After sharing plenty of culture, the night drew to a close on the roof of a lifeguard tower, watching the waves and sharing a brew with some new Irish mates. I basically lived off Pita Pit in Hermosa Beach, think Subway but in a pita with freshly cooked meat. Tequila and I got off to a rough start that night, lucky we weren’t planning on going to Mexico anymore. Finally Jesse showed up the next morning, after being ‘kidnapped’ by a gorgeous rich blonde in Malibu. Another day was spent soaking up the sun and swimming in Hermosa Beach.

Luckily enough, Rob was hiring a car for the weekend and offered us a ride, all the way to San Diego! So we checked out and headed to Knott’s Berry Farm, nothing compared to Six Flags but the Xcelerator is an absolute blast, like the Superman Escape at Dreamworld but even faster. We gently cruised down the coast, through Huntington Beach and the OC, Laguna Beach and enjoyed sunset at Oceanside. I’ll definitely cruise the whole west coast of this continent in a camper some time soon.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement

Surf City HostelSurf City Hostel
Surf City Hostel

View from my room at Hermosa.
More rollercoastersMore rollercoasters
More rollercoasters

Knott's Berry Farm
a trucka truck
a truck

please note ridiculous height
the bestthe best
the best

a 3x3 with animal fries from the not-so-secret secret menu
Laguna BeachLaguna Beach
Laguna Beach

mansions on the hillside


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb