San Diego to LA


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
September 29th 2005
Published: October 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

On the MidwayOn the MidwayOn the Midway

On the Midway
29th September we went on the US Aircraft Carrier Midway. We spent so long going around that we ended up running out of time and missed out on going up to the bridge (our parking meter ran out). Mick had a really good time. All I could do was compare it with the Waller! We left San Diego via a quick drive around Balboa park (where all their Museums are), and vowed to visit here again!

We started our drive to LA about 3pm, and caught peak hour traffic (what fun), so we decided to take the coast road (which was good), and put the top down. There was an awesome sunset on the way. We finally got to our hotel about 8pm. It was a rather dingy area, a few junkies and hookers about! We decided we'd go out for something to eat, and there was a sushi place around the coorner, so we had California rolls in California!

We slept in a bit the next day, and we had a full day planned, we had to exchange our hire car because we had not recieved the Ford Mustang we had hoped for. We eventually did that, which
Sunset BeachSunset BeachSunset Beach

Sunset Beach
took a while. Later that day we had arrangements to watch a taping of "That 70's Show". We had wanted to go back to the hotel and get freshened up because we were hot and sweaty from driving all morning with the top down in 30 degree heat (I'm guessing). We made a last desicion not to go to the hotel because we were running out of time. But then Mick realised he had left the booking numbers etc at the hotel. Oh dear, the carry-on then... But it turned out that they didn't need that, our names were on the list and we made it. We most of you know that Mick is a show off, and maybe some of you have been to a sit-com taping before; if not they have a stand-up comedian keeping the audience entertained between takes, and when he was going through the crowd asking if anyone was out of town, Mick put his hand up; told them he was an environmental scientist from Australia, and that he was watching them!! Later the comedian wanted to know if anyone could juggle and Mick went down to the front and to cut a long story short, there was nipple squeezing. And once again I shall let Mick elaborate.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb