San Diego and Tijuana


Advertisement
Mexico's flag
North America » Mexico » Baja California » Tijuana
September 28th 2005
Published: October 11th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Mick and RachelMick and RachelMick and Rachel

Mick and Rachel
The next day we had planned a day trip to Tijuana! But spent the morning finding a 'Payless' shoe store for Mick (he wanted a pair of boots). We drove all morning with the top down getting hot and a bit sunburnt. The one thing we really dont like in the USA is the maps and street signs! All the maps we had only showed 20% of the roads, and instead of road signs on the freeway indicating a town turnoff, they would only indicate a streetname turnoff (of which only 20% were on our map); so we would never know what town we were in just that we had just passed 42nd street??? Very annoying - and if any of you watch our holiday video please excuse the fuity language!

Mexico was an experience! We opted for the guided tour thing which was not very expensive and quite entertaining. The Mexico border is 15 miles from San Diego, and Tijuana is right on the border. Mexico never knew we were there though as they don't check anyone in. On the way out though, the USA wants to know about you (of course).

We were eventually dropped of on
Mick in TijuanaMick in TijuanaMick in Tijuana

Mick in Tijuana
the main street for tourists, there is one mall that is lined with shops "all selling the same old stuff" ponchos, sombreros, etc etc. There are also shops selling all kinds of medication at reduced prices. You are able to buy practically anything (From Prosac to Viagra) without a prescription. They do say that if the USA customs people find out you have it, it can be difficult if you don't have a prescription.

I'll let Mick describe the Rachel incident....We were given Tequila by one shop keeper (but that didn't work).

Anyway, sufice to say that 2 hours was all we could handle, it is fun but be very prepared to haggle!

Later that night we had pizza for dinner, then went back to the motel and watched Lost on TV.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0356s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb