Day 2 - Universal Studios California


Advertisement
Published: June 21st 2007
Edit Blog Post

After realising "transportation" costs were excessive we spoke with a local car hire firm intending to squeeze into a compact car however ended up driving away in a brand new Mercedes for about $15.00 more. After two minor wrong turns we finally arrived at Universal and decided our 1st stop would be the House of Horrors (adjacent to the main gate). David ended up carrying out a hysterical Jewel. Further comments regarding "that ride" were denied for the rest of the day. Universal was great. Heaps to do for kids all day. The weather is great, not too hot and we got on the rides straight away. Don't know where all the tourists are!!

Favourite rides included Shrek4D where snot sprayed from out of the seat in front, Back to the Future, Special effects and the Terminator Show. David & Jewel were also brave enough to risk the Jurassic Park ride (in large canoes traversing huge waterways including a 300 metre drop at the end (O.K more like 30 metres).

Drove back with no incidents (except a few manoeuvres onto the wrong side of the road now and then). Car returned with no extra dents or scratches. Pretty scary though driving a brand new merc on the wrong side of the road on LA freeways. Glad to give it back

It was a great day at Universal but all still really jet lagged. Should get over it soon.






Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb