Day 101, Hollywood!


Advertisement
Published: May 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Made it to Los Angeles yeasterday! Checked into our hotel and a few hours sleep whilst waiting for Jess to arrive. She arrived at about 7pm and we spent the whole evening chatting and having a good girlie catch up which was great! Finally stopped talking and went to bed about midnight.

This morning, we got up and decided to go to Dennys for breakfast. Its like a diner sort of place and the place was packed so the breakfast must be good. Oh my god, i can so see why americans are fat - the portions were ridiculously big! Pancakes and french toast portions that you could feed a family on, but all these americans were eating this as well as a big fry up! MI's and CVAs predicted.

We picked up our hire car from the airport. Its very cool looking, a red sport car of some kind, can't remember the name but it looks good! It is also so easy driving on the wrong side of the road! Don't know what i was concerned about. Only a few times we were like 'sh#t, wrong side of the road!' but no bumps/crashes have occured. We have driven all over LA today and navigated our way round with ease so are very proud of ourselves!

Checked into our hostel, which is called Orbit and is on Melrose Avenue. Then we took the car straight to see the hollywood sign! We managed to get so close to it by luckily finding a windy road up the hollywood hills. The these guys spoke to us told us how you could get even closer so the photos are ace. The guys were english and owned a mansion there on the hills with the most amazing pool and sun terrace. They were quite old and we didn't know if they were like famous but we didn't recognise them so if they were famous they must be 'has-beens!'

We parked up and walked along Hollywood Blvd and the walk of fame seeing all the celeb stars on the pavement and the kodak theatre where the oscars take place and the hotel where the after party happens. Bought lots of essential tacky souviners and then got back in the car and drove to Santa Monica Beach for sunset. The beach is very 'baywatch' with all the lifeguard stations and the red float things they carry!

This evening we've been to a frozen yoghurt place called Pinkberry which is like the new 'the place to go' and then for a delicious mexican meal.

All in all, a good day, tomorrow we go on a trip to spot the celebrity homes! Again, photos to follow!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Hollywood!Hollywood!
Hollywood!

Again!!
The Chinese TheatreThe Chinese Theatre
The Chinese Theatre

Walk of fame, Hollywood Blvd.
Walk of fame.Walk of fame.
Walk of fame.

I assume she got this before her latest antics!


3rd May 2007

Hi girlies!! Sounds good! Keep your eyes open for bradley for me!! Have fun, and take it easy in the red beast! Loads of love s x x x
3rd May 2007

Sounds like you don't want the world to know about C.J, keeping him quiet...suspicious! And no mention of Andrew. Can I just REMIND you, he is the love of your life. The grandfather of your future grandchildren. The man who hears your farts and rocks your heart. He who fell of a bench with you, and cares in spite of your muddy toes. Anyway, it is my birthday the 25 th of May and I shall be 34. Not a really lucky number, but I will cope. Can't wait for your pap photoes, I rely on you to give me a good laugh! Say hello to burgerfreak, but from a safe distance.
3rd May 2007

hey
hey lis, sounds like you are still having a fantastic time! LA sounds amazing! hope you have a brilliant time with jess! can't wait to see you! lots of love xxxxxx
3rd May 2007

Ain't it great?
Isn't hollywood amazing? we loved it! Dennys is for the hungry people! very cheap though! Can't wait to see your pics! Lets hope you see a celebrity on your trip, we saw their houses and that was the closest! Speak to you soon love the De
4th May 2007

Hello
Hey Lisa - can you get on the Gerry Springer show if so??? I will wil fly over and join you!! Love snj x
5th May 2007

Missin you
Hey Lis, finally caught up on your blog today as internet up and running again. Had promised myself I would read everyday at work but thrown back into it without a minute to spare - really must do somethin about that! Anyway, sounds like you still havin a fab time - reading your entries has brought back so many happy memories and a tear to my eye, missin you lots, feels like foreva since we have seen you - keep enjoying and really make the most of your last couple of weeks coz nothin changes at home. Lots of love Jx PS Say hi to Andrew when you next speak to him.

Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb