Hollywood


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles
December 18th 2006
Published: January 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

I came to Hollywood as part of my Contiki Tour. I was not to sure on what to expect. I knew that they had a ton of stars, Hollywood Sign, and a few of the big theatres which are famous for lots of hollywood event. All that I know is that it isnt all I expected it to be.

Stars
There are 5 star types
1) Music
2) TV
3) Movies
4) Radio Personalities
5) Comideians ???

These stars cost $15,000 each to get one. The requerements to get one are that you must be indrustry for at least 10 years, be famous for something and are/been successful. To get a star you dont even have to be a real person. For example the Simpsons, Mickey Mouse, Big Bird, Snow White etc.... All have stars.

The funniest place for a star by far is Mariyn Monroes Star which is right in front of the McDonalds on the Walk of Fame. Originally it wasn't a McDonalds.

Along Hall of Fame area
Some notable sites

Judy Garlands High School
Right by the intersection close by Kodack Theatre intersection is a highschool in which Judy Garland attened.

Church used in Sister Act
Along the same street as the High School is a church with a pink cross which they used when they were filming Sister Act.

Pig N Whistle
This is the place where Judy Garland had her 16th Birthday party

Roosevelt Hotel
This hotel has hosted some notable events and has been used to film many notable movies

Acting School
This school many notable actors have gone to get trained here in this building. This building when they bought it had a room not touched from before as it was the first bar in L.A. as this was back when drinking was illegal, even has a escape route.

Hollywood Hills
This is the area where many celberties live up in hills. They are expensive homes. Lots of celeberties live here including Nick and Jessica (when filming show), Jennifer Aniston, Wyona Ryder and more.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.133s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb