The Last Leg


Advertisement
Published: June 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

It's been a while! We've done so much since I last wrote - skydiving in Taupo, black water rafting in Waitomo...After bidding fond farewells to the Reynolds & Thatchers in Auckland we flew to what we thought would be a few days in the sun in Fiji. Those of you (I'm sure that's not many) who watch the "Love Island" programme on TV will know it was cancelled due to the storms in Fiji. We spent 3 days playing cards and planning our road trip across the USA by candlelight, in a wooden hut (luckily with some great people). The island was still amazingly beautiful, even in the rain, and although the inhabitants were incredibly poor they were really friendly and great fun.

Arriving in LA was a bit of a shock, after not even having running water or electricity in Fiji; but we feel much more at home here! No surprises there!

We are staying in Michael and Jane Wilson's gorgeous home in Topanga Canyon, Los Angeles and lapping up the luxury before we head back to the hostels and Super 8 Motels! Karl dragged me to a baseball game on our first day at Dodger Stadium and I ate more food during the game than I had in my entire stay in Fiji. Mum and Dad joined us for a few brilliant days. It's been fantastic to see them and we've had great fun in Hollywood, the beach and the batting cage (where I was attacked by a baseball).


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Dodger Stadium Dodger Stadium
Dodger Stadium

Karl insisted on putting this one on


Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb