Yee Hah!


Advertisement
Published: July 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Howdy Partners!

Have now spent so much time in the mid-west I feel like a pro-cowgirl. Can ride a horse, drive cattle and ride bulls with the best of 'em.

After LA, cousins Michael, Heather, Spenser & Mallory v. kindly put us up for a few days. It was brilliant to see them all and they really looked after us.

Have been 'hiking' in Yosemite and the Rockies, learnt about the Mormons in Salt Lake City, spent some time at a beautiful Ranch in Wyoming, seen 200 bears (in a safari park) and visited so many amazing little towns where we were the only people not wearing cowboy gear! One bar really made me feel like I was on a movie set for an old western and Karl was convinced the cowboys would 'make him dance' for wearing Birkenstocks. Actually they were all incredibly friendly and v. intrigued as to what we were doing there.

We just spent 4th July in a small town called Pierre, South Dakota where we went to a carnival and a rodeo followed by fireworks. We were the only English in the enormous crowd at the rodeo - well, the only 2 who would admit to being English on Independence Day!

Now in Minneapolis, Minnesota and making the most of being back in a city. Have been cycling around the lakes in the sunshine and are about to visit the biggest mall in America!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0735s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb