Hop On Hop Off Day 2


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2022
Edit Blog Post

Apologies to all that got a drunk call last night ?‍♀️ ??

Last night turned into a party. Some of the guests staying here heard us all talking and came out and asked to join us and there ended up being about 10 people all drinking and swapping facebook details. We had a great time making new friends from all round the world. Of course, we said that if they ever come to Melbourne, we would show them around. The staff from the hostel came out and asked us to move from the backyard at 10pm and we went to the front yard and took over. We made a lot of noise and had lots of fun and of course plenty to drink.

We woke up a little seedy and walked to an optometrist we had been recommended. The receptionist said that they don’t repair glasses and that I should google it. Very helpful NOT. Looks like these bloody glasses are not going to be repaired any time soon.

At 10am we got on the hop on hop off bus again but this time to Santa Monica. The ride was pretty uneventful.

We walked to the end of the pier and had a mexican lunch with a margarita. Very nice. Along the pier, there was buskers to watch and shops to look at, people to watch and homeless bums to avoid.

Arrived back at the room about 4:30 and tried to have a bit of a snooze. That didn‘t happen so I updated some of the blog. I finally got the sim card for the phone so I activated that.

We went back down to the front yard after dinner to have a drink and see who was there. There was a guy sitting by himself last night who we invited to join us but he declined. Tonight he decided that he wanted to have a drink with us. Turned out he is a great guy. He is writing screen plays to get into the movie business.

So again, we ended up staying up way too late drinking, but no where near what we had last night.

Off to San Francisco tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb