Hop on hop off bus


Advertisement
Published: July 29th 2022
Edit Blog Post

So what a great start to our adventure! I broke my glasses last night. Shit! When I was going to bed the buggas flew out of my hands and when I caught them they broke. Now I gotta find an optometrist to fix them. Not easy to do in a tourist town.

Neither of us slept very well as we are still on Melbourne time so we were up early and out walking to find an optometrist. Couldn’t find one so we got the hop on hop off bus to Beverly Hills. The bus dropped us about a 10 min walk from Rodeo Drive, just near the Police Headquarters.

The walk to Rodeo Drive was so funny. Because of where we got dropped off, we were chatting about the movie, Beverly Hills Cop. As we were crossing the road, we watched one of the large firetrucks charge around the corner just in front of us, with lights and sirens blaring. So Sandra rushed across the road to take a photo of the fire trucks which she got. While she was doing that, I spied a couple of cops on motor bikes. I yelled out to her, quick here’s your chance. We asked them if we could take their photo and the younger one of the two, couldn’t be nicer and smiled his little heart out for us. He asked us where we were from and of course as soon as we said we were Aussies, he posed again and said how he loves Aussie. Both guys were very polite and accommodating. That was our Beverly Hills cop moment. No Eddie Murphy, but these guys were nicer.

We walked both sides of Rodeo Drive (noses in the air) and the weather was HOT! We had sweat running down our backs. Lunch at Alfred’s cafe was just ok. We then got the bus to The Farmers Market at The Grove and got some deli meats, cheeses, crackers etc. to have for dinner. What a great place that is.

Arrived back at the room about 4:30 and took our drinks out the backyard. There’s some tables and chairs out there and we were playing roll em and updating the blog.

Two guys sat at another table and after about 10 mins they asked if they could join us. Sure, we said, the more the merrier. Oh boy, never truer words were spoken.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.416s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.1686s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb