Mama Mia!


Advertisement
Published: August 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived in L.A on wednesday afternoon, feeling tired after a long but ok flight. Staying at the Venice Beach Cotel, first impression was how hot it got as we went higher up the stairs; we were staying on the 3rd floor. Room itself ok, bathrooms shared but clean enough.
L.A., particularly Venice Beach, is full of extremes. Filthy rich and destitute, calm spaced out hippies and impatient frantic need it now yanks. We went to a recording of 'Deal or no deal' and it was surreal! It was hard to believe it was a real person playing a real game. The max prize money was 2 Million Dollars (We had to whoop and holla everytime that was mentioned) but he only won $3000 (bumma). I guess his daughter will have to have a little wedding. It was episode 411 or 412 and should be on in November, we'll defo be on tele!

It was our 4th Year Anniversary while we were there so we treated ourselves to a movie (Mama Mia) and a slap up meal (12" subway!) all courtesy of Steve Woods (Thanks x)

The highlight of L.A. was when we visited the Getty Centre. The architecture was outstanding, Nick ranks it in his top five buildings he has ever visited! (Photos to follow; forgot the lead, its back at the hostel!!) Also did the usual sights...Rodeo Drive, Hollywood Blvd, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica. Overall 5 days in L.A. was enough and we're glad we went.

We're actually in the Cook Islands now (Rarotonga) but more on that later in the week....

PS. One for Andy Kaines...L.A. had an environmentally friendly organic dry cleaners!

Advertisement



7th August 2008

Have a wonderful time!
To Jen and Nick, Hope you both have a wonderful time. it looks fasinating already. We will be with you on the web! Loads of love from Wilb and Taff xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1009kb