Day 2 - Hollywood, CA


Advertisement
Published: May 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Temp: 22, sunny but chilly wind

Thanks everyone for your well wishes, i think they have worked. Feeling much better today, thank goodness. Couldn't have handled another day of that.

Today started off slow as didn't get to bed til after 4am as Ron and Mary got in about 3:30am. We dragged ourselves out of bed, had our free continental brekky provided by the hotel and showered before making our way in our hire car down the Interstate 10 out to Malibu. It was nice but nothing too spesh, so we jumped back in the car and headed for Santa Monica, parked at the pier and walked up for some photos and seafood lunch. It was quite chilly on the pier, the wind was icey, but the sun was out.
After this we headed up into the Hollywood Hills to get a good photo of the 'Hollywood' sign, we found a good spot, then decided to go up the to the Griffith Park Observatory. You look out over the whole of Los Angeles and we were very lucky as it was pretty much smog free (which doesn't happen very often!).
By this time it was already about 6pm so we headed back to our hotel as Mary forgot to bring heels so we had to go and find some for her to buy for tonight.
We went into DSW and she found a pair in there, then ventured to H&M before heading back to the hotel for a rest before heading out.
We ended up heading out about 11:30, and after a quick stop off at maccas for 20 nuggets for only $4.99 we headed down Sunset Blvd in search of somewhere to go.. i was in desperate need of the bathroom after all the liquids i had consumed so we stopped at a club called 'Boulvard 3'. We (Mary) talked our way in and couldn't believe our eyes, this place was amazing.
The entry was outside, a garden area with fountains and a few private room sections then at the back it went into another room playing alot of hip-hop/rnb music with the occassional pop song thrown in.On stage was both male and female dancers, professionals and the whole place just had a vibe that ive never experienced before at any club in Melbourne.
We ended up leaving there just after 2 and went in search of the club Mary and Ron went to the night before called 'Playhouse'.
This place was good also, would have been better but it had emptied out abit as they stop serving alcohol in the bars in LA at 2am. Still some good times had by all.
Headed back to the hotel about 3:30 and hit the sack just after 4am, planning to be up by 9am the following morning....


Advertisement



25th May 2010

Glad you're feeling better sweetie! Going up closer to the Hollywood sign sounds great! I know last time the closest we got was from the balcony at the Hollywood/Highland shopping center! lol Good to hear you're passing on the 'Hollywood heels' onto your friend Mary! ;o)

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0275s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb