The Last Hoorah


Advertisement
Published: November 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello all
I am in the foyer of the Holiday Inn in Santa Monica and waiting for a coach to take us on a tour to the Hollywood sign , Los Angeles etc. We are at the pier in Santa Monica and it is gorgeous. Miles of wide beaches and so much space! Parking lots everywhere and 'have a good day'. Been a great experience and think I'd like to come back to this part of the world again. Clear blue skies and warm. Unfortunately there are fires in Malibu and they have been on the news with all the emergency services going in to fight the fires. Amazing for winter. We leave from LAX airport at 10.30pm Saturday night and then fly 14 hours to arrive 8am mon morning. Caught up a bit on the jet lag now so hopefully a sleep on the plane and ready for action in Sydney.
We had a lovely few days farewelling family in Wales. Thanks to all of you for a fabulous time. They are all glad to see the back of us so they can sleep and catch up! Elaine's Christmas dinner was a triumph. Such a great idea. Thanks to Karen and Dave for making us so at home in their house. Felt like home from home. Kerry was lovely too, always a smile and a pint in the offing.
Well will probably wind up with a final blog from Sydney - where have the 14 1/2 weeks away gone? I know that once I get to doing the photo review I won't believe just how much we packed into the time - bit of an epic journey. Feeling great and ready for the next chapter! Kev's pulled a muscle but hopefully will be in fine form ready for a few climbs up Raglan street once we are home.
A special thankyou to our 'support team' at home who have been keeping the home fires burning. Bit of a job but appreciated. We will wine and dine you all in a small show of appreciation.
Hooroo for now and see you Sydney people soon.
See the rest again soon too I hope. !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love from Jayne and Kevin

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 17; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb