That is a Go for the Gobi!


Advertisement
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Dec. 1, 2010

Well, it's finally here - the eve of our trip! It's been 6 years in the making, two weeks of packing, & it still seems unreal. We've got the house packed up, sold the car, our bags are ready to go and only one more load of laundry to do before we leave tomorrow. I'm actually amazed at how well we were able to pack - we still have some wiggle room in our bags, which seems like a good sign (I say that now...but we'll see how cumbersome things get on the trip).

We've made phone calls to the family and had a yummy farewell dinner tonight with Trent & Will. Mmm...Peruvian food is sooo good; I will miss it. (Nick has already said he wants his "final CA meal" to be In-n-Out tomorrow for lunch.) We also pawned our extra toiletries and canned goods onto Will & Trent before they left - thanks guys ;o) So I think we've got all our ducks in a row.

Man, it's amazing how weird 2 weeks of willful unemployment can make you lose track of time! I have to admit, though, it's been nice to sleep in every day, go to the gym for a couple hours and then not have to worry about being on time for anything for the rest of the day. I know it's going to be stressful to come back in 6 months and look for a job, but I'll think about that later. Right now, no job feels good ;o)

To all the friends and family we were able to see &/or talk to before we left, it was REALLY great spending time with you. For those that we weren't able to get with in time, no worries. You are all in our thoughts and we are looking forward to sharing our trip with you via email (fcat461@yahoo.com) & Facebook. If you have Skype, my i.d. is "fcat461" and Nick's is "cat_nick;" please add us to your contacts list.

In less than 24 hours, we'll be in Hawaii for the very first time! I'm really looking forward to banana smoothies and WARM ocean water (none of this Alaskan current, Southern CA crap!).

We'll miss you guys but we'll be in touch soon!
Woo hoo! World trip here we come!!!
Much love,
Catherine

Advertisement



2nd December 2010

You know, I've been envious, but I didn't realize HOW envious until you said "Hawaii" & "warm" in the same sentence.... Enjoy yourselves & write as much as you can. And yes, Catherine - I'm still up : )
2nd December 2010

good luck!! have a great trip and maybe see you soon
2nd December 2010

Good Luck!
I'm so excited for you guys! Enjoy the start to your amazing adventure!
2nd December 2010

Have a safe and wonderful trip! :)
2nd December 2010

Have a great TRIP
Cathereine & Nick have the best time ever and don't forget to keep us inform please Enjoy!!!
2nd December 2010

Wishing you a safe and enjoyable journey. Can't wait to tag along - even if via Travelblog. :)
2nd December 2010

Bon voyage you guys! Sorry we didn't make it out to your farewell, but I'll be tagging along in your blog. Question: will your entries be public or private? I want to add you to my RSS Reader, but won't get updates if they are private entries. Just want to plan ahead :D
2nd December 2010

Have fun!
Congrats on getting everything done!! I didn't realize you had to sell your car too, but that makes sense. The oceans in HI can be surprisingly little chilly sometimes. I never noticed it until people from the mainland pointed it out. Still, it's way warmer than the waters in Northern Cali! :)
4th December 2010

Warm Hawaii!
Can't wait to hear about Hawaii. Warm ocean water sounds really appealing about now.

Tot: 0.16s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 16; qc: 79; dbt: 0.0812s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb