Hangin with the Algra's in Pacific Palisades


Advertisement
Published: August 13th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Last Day in the Palisades



So, phase one, and baby one was a fabulous intro to the road trip. And I should warn the Lottermoser’s, Button’s and Bloomfield’s that your baby has a lot to live up to. Turner James Algra was polite, courteous and quite the surf dude - not to mention as adorable as a day old bunny rabbit. And in case that doesn’t put the pressure on, remarkably he seemed to develop some kind of kinship with his foreign guest. Maybe it was our shared hairstyles, or the bulbous round faces that hang off us both, or maybe even the chunky legs that look like they need a little work with a rolling pin. Regardless, Turner was my buddy and we both knew it.

So, parents of babies 2, 3 and 4 be warned. This is reality, not some fluffy happy blog walking the PC line. It does exactly what it says on the tin! If your baby looks like s/he maybe should have waited a couple of weeks until the features began to take shape, I’m afraid before long the world will know. Don’t worry though. My niece Georgie was the ugliest baby in the
You will learnYou will learnYou will learn

TJ catches up on his stocks...
world (even by her parent’s admission) and she’s now probably the cutest little 3-year-old under the sun (anyone requiring proof of either of these 2 facts I will happily oblige, just make sure you have a sick bag to hand for the first pic). So, regardless of the initial looks, please recognise that it’s not a one-way street to www.shouldhavebeenshotatbirth.com.

The Regime Continues…



Not content with a 2-hour morning surf session Brian and I took to the tennis courts for another game of crap tennis. It’s like tennis, but the rallies are shorter and there are more double faults. Still, we were having fun.

I’ll let the photos speak for themselves in this blog, and I don’t want to steal Turner’s thunder - he’s the real star here. Oh, but one last thing - on the way to the tennis courts (a 10 minute walk) - how many Toyota Prius do you think we went past?

Until next time…



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



18th August 2007

Genes
Georgie is obviously following in her uncle's footsteps but, one hopes not beyond age 3.

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0647s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb