Final leg of a wonderful journey

Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 33.7664, -118.192

I headed south on I-5 and near the town of Westly, I stopped for a break and to grab a bit of lunch. About an hour later all traffic quickly came to a halt (I and a few others ahead of me had to swerve into the shoulder of the road to avoid hitting the car infront of me). After sitting there for about 10 minutes, I called Onstar to find out what the traffic conditions were. Apparently an accident was just up ahead about 1 mile and that the road would be cleared in about 8 minutes. And it was. The rest of the trip was uneventful. I called a couple of friends to keep from getting bored and tired. I called my roommate about 30 minutes from home. She didn't pick up, but then called me a few minutes later. She was in San Diego and wouldn't be back until Sat afternoon. That gave me time to unpack and relax. I made it home just after 5:00 p.m. The tennant below me came out to greet me as I stopped in the driveway to unload the car. After a few minutes she informed me that it took a month to get the new garage door put in place on my gararge by the owner of my apartment building. During that time, the door was off for almost a full month! I went over to the unpainted wooden door and discovered that there was no door handle on the door. I couldn't get the door to lift on my own, so between the tennant and me, we were able to get the door lifted. The owner had left long pieces of wood on my side of the garage. The other side, which is available since the tennants in apartment 3 moved out, was free of clutter. While I didn't see missing, I noticed a bunch of cleaning supplies and some pots and pans on my side. This really ticked me off! I immediately called the owner, who is also the landlady, and left a message on her answering machine. I stated that I didn't appreciate finding all this stuff on my side of the garage when the other side is obviously empty and that if it is not moved by the end Saturday, I would move it and take some money off my rent. I also stated that I didn't like finding out that my garage had no door for such a long period of time. I asked her to call me back and so far she hasn't. After unloading the car, cleaning a little (lots of dust!), and unpacking, I ordered some dinner for delivery and relaxed. It was nice to be back in my own place.


Tot: 0.39s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0752s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (; sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb