LA Flight and Arriving in Fiji


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
October 10th 2009
Published: October 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Well after realising that i could not do the online check in i was dreading the seats that we were going to get. Today we decided to chill out and go for a walk down to the grove which i mentioned before and found a sneaky little market; Farmers Market, in there seliing all sorts of things and foods. Well put it this was there was a sticker shop. a shop full of different stickers. COOL!...but no i didnt buy any.
We then walked down to Farm Foods which is a kind of supermarket but has a kind of help yourself and then they charge you on the weight. We decided to get some good foods in us, charmaine had a salad with hot chicken, and i had greek salad (with wayyy too much dressing on) with poached egg, some strawberries, water melon, croutons, cold chicken. They also had other hot foods like curry etc which you just stick in your little box. It was probably the only healthy thing so far and admittedly we were missing the greens that our mums force us to eat. It kinda made us feel refreshed!
After that we took a walk back up to the hostel and charmaine watched a film and chilled out while i was making phone calls left right and centre trying to organise fiji, where to stay on the first night, how we can travel, when we can travel, if we can fit in scuba diving at the resort that i wanted. Anyways after a lot of stress and being on hold lot at a premium rate (which i was NOT happy about...some guy answered the phone and said hold on, and didnt even get back to me) anyways after numerous attempts i managed to sort our next 5 days, staying on the main island of Viti Levu in a place called Nadi at Horizon Beach Backpackers, right near the Denareau Port where we will need to get on tues morning at 7.30am to head to Octopus Resort on the Waya Island; part of the Yasawa Islands, now the Yasawa islands are the islands were going to be travelling in and around.

Our shuttle i had on paper was booked also but when phoned up they said it wasnt, that was lucky that i checked, and yes i was on hold for about 20mins with them too. it seems like everyone likes putting me on hold, especially when my phone card was running out and quick.

On a good note, the shuttle was on time and check in went quite smooth. I hated the airport though. they absolutely rape you if you wana buy something, infact im going to take a picture of the receipt for how much it cost for a crappy soggy sandwich, pack of crisps, yes ordinary crisps and drink and a tiny fruit cup, yes fruit cup, not fruit bowl, fruit cup...well il tell you...it was $15. MY GOD...and then...yes and then...for a bottle of water and some mentos....$4.50...lucky were made of money...NOT!

So after that, we boarded the flight, it left a tad late but got here quicker so was right on time....oh and did i mention that we had the ideal passenger infront of us...can you guess?.....A SCREAMING CHILD AHHHHHH! i was lucky the headphones went up loud otherwise with the tiredness of me and the uncomfortablness of the flight i would have happily jumped out of the plane without a parachute! So 10.40mins of tossing and turning while charmaine had the luxury of lying down we arrived to it being muggy and warm at 5.10am monday 12th as we never had sunday 11th. You know what that means, our birthdays come early this year. Literally!! We found out we had a free shuttle so jumped on that, and arrived swiftly at our hotel, after having a serious argument with the ATM as it said i was over my daily limit, of which i hadnt used the card. More sorting out to do. God im gona love this stupid global card.
The people though are something else. They really are the nicest people iv ever met, already!...put it this way, i was asked about 7 times in the airport if i was ok, where i was heading, and pointed me in the right direction! I went to walk someway and this lady who was upstairs shouted down and asked if i was ok/ where i was going...i mean she chased us basically as we wernt too sure where to wait for the free shuttle. The driver was very helpful and polite. It seems here like everyone says “bula” i think that means hello...well if it doesnt and they are insulting me i will find out and wont be too impressed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0501s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb