Paradise City


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
October 25th 2005
Published: November 8th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We came back to Hollywood on friday night and checked back into the hostel just off the boulevard. The reason we had returned was for 2 concerts over the weekend...

On Saturday night we went to see Queen & Paul Rodgers at the amazingly recognisable Hollywood Bowl (remember the Monty Python show?). They played a great mix of old favourites plus some good old Free/Bad Company songs. The highlight, however, had to be be when Brian May introduced "a local boy done gone" to the stage and SLASH walked on to play along to "Can't get enough of your love". After the show, we were herded onto the wrong shuttle bus and had an impromtu tour of Universal City before persuading our bus driver to drop us back at the bowl once all the passengers had gone so that we could have a second attempt at getting back to Hollywood Blvd!

The next day we took the Metro train Downtown Los Angeles for the sights (Union Station, City Hall, Cathedral, Walt Disney hall etc.) and an exhibition at FIDM of costumes, props and other cool stuff from all six of the Star Wars films. Afterwards we wandered through the old "movie theatre" area and saw some of the seedier side of LA before darting back into a Metro station to return to Hollywood. That night we saw The Black Crowes play the "Henry Fonda Theatre" and bought a 3-CD set that they recorded in real time during the show.

Yesterday, wew finalised the rest of our trip, booking a hostel for oue final week in New York (after we take a 19-day trekAmerica trip for 5000 miles across the whole continent). This means, if everything goes to plan, we will be home on the 20th November after 10 months travelling.

Today, we took three Metro trains (through such famous places as Compton) to a gateway hotel near LAX in order to meet our group an begin our final adventure...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb