Walking amongst the stars


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Hollywood
October 30th 2006
Published: December 27th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Kiwi PaparazziKiwi PaparazziKiwi Paparazzi

Snapping the stars at the academy awards!
Alright, remember me carrying on about the camera I bought in San Fran. So the telephoto lens that the guy pretty well ripped me off on, well it was the wrong one so I had to send it back to San Fran. Talk about frustrating! After a couple of hours I had managed to wrap and box the lens and post it. So after getting it in the post we cycled around the “Venice” canals that LA apparently has. Well all I can say is what canals?
Then we caught up with my friend Diane who gave us a ticky tour around parts of LA. We stopped off at downtown LA. By day it’s a buzzing complex of cheap stores ranging from fake designer clothing to (fake?) carpets. At night it turns into an unsafe seedy district which delves in prostitution and drugs.
Next stop was the walk of fame in Hollywood. In the concrete pavements were stars with names of movie or singing stars that had graced Hollywood at one time or another. Plenty of neon lights and street entertainers to keep you busy. We investigated the Guinness world records museum and also the Hollywood wax museum. The world records
Hollywood Wax MuseumHollywood Wax MuseumHollywood Wax Museum

Samuel L Jackson (very well done) and Tom Cruise (terrible wax job)
museum had lots of interesting facts and figures and amazing people but after a while your brain overloads on the information and turns to mush. However did you know that the world record for standing on one leg is 71 hours, and some guy drove a Volvo on two wheels up to 112 mph???? No joke, I saw a video. That’s over 170 km/h.
The wax museum was a bit disappointing. Samuel L Jackson was about the most realistic looking wax figure. We cruised through it fairly quickly.
Diane then drove us to the universal city walk and we looked in some of the trendy shops that sell interesting artifacts. Since the place was closing down we were not there long but managed to see a neon king kong which was the centerpiece of the walk.
So after much walking we grabbed some food from a tasty little takeout shop and said goodbye to Diane. And thus ends another day in LA.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Men in BlackMen in Black
Men in Black

...and me at the Hollywood wax museum
Charlize Theron at my feetCharlize Theron at my feet
Charlize Theron at my feet

Only here in the walk with the stars could this happen.
The King of PopThe King of Pop
The King of Pop

On the pavement. But he gets his own star.
Grauman's Chinese TheatreGrauman's Chinese Theatre
Grauman's Chinese Theatre

Apparently its famous and its located on Hollywood Boulevard amongst the walk with the stars.
Fighting ZorroFighting Zorro
Fighting Zorro

I pose with a Zorro impersonator in Hollywood.
Universal CitywalkUniversal Citywalk
Universal Citywalk

In Hollywood next to Universal studios. Note the neon King Kong.


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb