The awesomeness that is Walmart, Macy's and Sears!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Culver City
September 9th 2013
Published: September 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Our day started very lazily and we made it down to breakfast by around 9.30am. There's just something about sitting in a hotel breakfast area sipping coffee that makes the soul smile. We decided to head off from the hotel in search of the infamous Walmart and after a few minor driving direction adjustments (the curse or sweet salvation that is the GPS!) we found ourselves at the Baldwin Hills Crenshaw shopping mall..... quite simply three levels of shopping awesomeness!

Our first American shopping experience almost had to start with one of the famous icons and fluking a mall that had three of them in one, made my day indeed. Just amazing on so many levels; size, pricing, variety, the list goes on. We spent until late afternoon wandering the aisles of the US shopping giants and walked away with a few bargains (including clothes, a tablet, magazines, a bedspread and a few Halloween themed items!) Definitely a day well spent.

A quiet dinner back at the hotel (thanks to the grocery genius that is Walmart for providing this) and an evening channel surfing and shaking off the last of the jetlag. Decisions to be made about how we will spend day three are on the horizon as dreams of red clearance stickers in Macy's fill my head as it hits the pillow.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb