Hollywood, Universal and Shabby Chic.... does life get any better?!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Culver City
September 12th 2013
Published: September 12th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The morning of Monday the 9th found us on our way to Hollywood and we began our journey around tinsel town with a ride on Starline Tours Hop On-Hop Off double decker bus. This proved to be an ingenious idea as it allowed us to see all the sights and sounds of Hollywood itself as well as Beverly Hills and surrounding areas, without Bradley having to negotiate the chaos of the American road system or put up with the constant panic of his adoring wife to his right! Our day included highlights such as the Ripley's Believe It Or Not museum, seeing some of the stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, the glitz and glamour of Madame Tussauds wax museum and not least by any means, Leanne's first trip into an Anthropologie store! A fabulous but exhausting day.

We decided to tick another 'must visit' location off our list come Tuesday with a visit to Universal Studios. We spent the entire afternoon weaving our way in and out of shows and attractions (Favourite part of the day - Oliver, being spat on by a T-Rex during the King Kong 3D experience; Bradley, the Studio Tour; Leanne, seeing the crash site from War of the Worlds in the Studio back lot - amazing how real they can make things look with a few well placed props!) Our day came to a close with a wander around the Universal Citywalk area, with all its iconic neon lights and signs.

Wednesday morning brought with it a sobering reality as memories of 9/11 played out here as a nation changed remembered its fallen. Feeling a little tired after all the excitement of the previous few days, we had a morning of relaxation hanging out in the hotel room. It was 3pm before we headed out the door, bound for our first American Target shopping experience. As most of you would know, I have long been a fan of Rachel Ashwell and her Shabby Chic decorating style and have envied those with access to Target in the US, which stocks her range of bed linen.... well today my friends, a dream long lived was fullfilled! They had shelves full of the Simply Shabby Chic linens and after much deliberation, we bought a beautiful king duvet set complete with pillow shams! A stop at Toys R Us for a quick squizz around and then into Pavilions for some groceries, before heading back to the hotel for a late dinner. A few very busy but rewarding days behind us.

Advertisement



14th September 2013

Loving the blog sounds awesome xxx

Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb