California Dreamin'


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Culver City
September 9th 2013
Published: September 9th 2013
Edit Blog Post

A great big hello from sunny California! We have just spent our first full day here in the US, arriving in Los Angeles after what can only be described as one extremely LONG flight! A multitude of movies, games, TV shows and music could in no way stave off the obvious fact that your butt was spending the majority of 14 hours in one confined seat. And to top it all off, you somehow also had the fantastic intention of getting some kind of sleep in pretty much an upright position surrounded by strangers suspended thousands of feet above the earth! So without stating the obvious, we arrived in LA safe and sound.....

So in amongst the blur that became our day of setting foot on American soil we; filled in 4 hours at the airport, picked up our hire car (Nissan Rogue - very nice SUV, pretty much brand new, shiny black), checked into the hotel (Best Western Plus - also fantastic), and laid down and slept for the first time in almost 2 days! After the little siesta, we wandered down to a local eatery and had our first American burger experience complete with full diner surroundings (memorabilia, red glitter topped stools and checkered floors!) The evening evaporated quickly and we headed for bed, dreams of California filling our heads.....

Advertisement



9th September 2013

So glad you didn't die on the plane - whoops you still have to fly back :-(
Can't believe you are finally there!!! Let me know how Brad goes with the driving. Missing you already!!!

Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 39; dbt: 0.0492s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb