Dia de las Madres


Advertisement
Published: May 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Mothers Day Abs woke up and 1 am but I got her back down and then wished Caroline a happy mothers day before we went back to sleep again. Abcde and I then got up at 5:30 local time but it still feels like 8:30am to us cause, ya know, Kentucky time. She watched Disney channel in espaƱol while I read a book until wife was ready to greet the day. We killed some time at the hotel, gave the monkey a shower, got soap in her eye, took 20 minutes to pick out a toy from the treasure chest behind the front desk, removed the car seat from the Hyundai and watched some HGTV. Katrina and Joel came to get us and our first stop was target. It had been decided that it was my fault we forgot the stroller at home and since we were going to play tourist, I needed to buy us a new one. I am pretty sure it will "give her a rash" and have to be returned before we head back to Kentucky. Joel then took us through downtown, pointing out things that even a local like Karina did nit know about like the le brea tar pits and the bar that River Phoenix overdosed in front of. Karina and Caroline spent much time talking of how Caroline needs another baby since this one likes me more.
Group photo at Goofy Kitchen
I say having another one just would compound that issue when we would then have 2 children who like me more. We stopped at a Ralph's to used the bathroom and a homeless guy yelled asking us to buy him a beer. After the potty break we headed to the Hollywood walk of fame. I quickly assembled the stroller without instructions and we were on our way. We saw stars of Mr. Rogers, Marilyn Monroe, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Michael Jackson and many other long forgotten formerly famous entertainers. Outside one of the houses that Scientology built a proselyte asked Caroline if she was from Ethiopia. Because of her eyes he said.It had been hours since breakfast and as we passed an Indian restaurant the smell stopped me in my tracks. It required little persuasion and we entered UrbanMasala for lunch. Two combos, two Taj Mahal beers, a water and a mango lassie came to about $40 and filled us up. Walking a little farther we soon turned, crossed the street and headed back to Graumans Chinese Theater. Photos taken with the rest of the tourists it was back in the car to hit up happy hour at the hotel before character dining at Disneyland's Goofy's Kitchen. Abcde had been walking funny and after getting a drink I took her up to the room to see if I could get her to poop. Mission successful Abcde had new life without carrying around a poo that was equivalent to a significant portion of her body weight. In a fresh diaper we rushed her to the car and raced to Disneyland so as not to be late for our reservation. Abcde got her picture with Mickey and then we all got pictures with Mickey. The buffet was delicious, I had salmon both smoked and broiled and ribs that simply fell off the bone. Abcde did not eat much because she was so excited to see all the characters. After dinner we walked Downtown Disney and watched the fireworks from outside the Lego Store. We sat for a moment in the gorgeous Grand Californian Hotel's lobby and then it was time to get home before Abcde turned into a pumpkin. Abs was too tired to fight us as we changed her diaper and clothes for bed. She was simply a limp doll of a child and slept through the night. Caroline and I fell asleep nearly as fast. It had been a long full day.





Indian food downtown with the Nunezs' We 3 UrbanMasala Graumans Chinese Theater

Car at Goofys kitchen Story! Car at Goofys kitchen Story! Minnie Day 2 Abrazos por MickeyStory! Finally she got to meet GoofyStory! Minnie! Premature Birthday Cupcake

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0384s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb