Zootopia (has anyone ever used that title before?)


Advertisement
Published: May 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Abcde and I were up early (no surprise there) and while I typed up the previous days activities she played and wife slept. Wearing the same shirt she had stained with strawberries the day before, Abcde joined me for breakfast and again survived on fresas and decaf coffee. Wife eventually joined us and after cycling through the shower we settled on the zoo as our best choice for things to do.
At about 11 am Karina and Joel rolled up and we were on our way. Used Joel's AAA card for a small discount on the tickets which offset the price of the carousel, $84 all in for 4 adults and one free child. We first met Reggie the alligator, who was rescued from a local lake where his previous owner had dumped him to terrify the locals. It took two years to capture him, and many had tried including Steve Irwin. True story. On into the zoo we found Abcde had no fear if snakes, likes having her picture taken while seated on a concrete alligator, wants a meercat (suricata) "come here, I hold you", and could live on popcorn. We also saw gorillas (I was thrilled) learned about koala pregnancy (gestation is about 30 days and then the practically still a fetus cub crawls up a slime trail into pouch), saw chimpanzees eat their own poo, watched the baby giraffe while drinking beer and eating a slice of pizza and watched gibbons swing around their cages.
At the LA Zoo
Eventually we reached the play area in the back and Abcde rode the slide 77 times while we decided what to do for dinner. On of the only definitive things Caroline wanted out of this trip was tacos de lengua. So that became the plan for dinner. After prying Abcde out of the play area we headed for our last stop inside the zoo, the carousel. Abcde got to ride twice, once with Wife and once with me. Both times she chose the same animal, the clown fish. What can I say, she loves the movie Finding Nemo.
Out the gate and into the car, Abcde was asleep before we left the parking lot. We settled on a tacos place in Downey for dinner and after the hour plus long drive across town we arrived. I had the pork jowl, beef head, and beef toung tacos. AKA buche, cabeza, y lengua. We covered our tacos with cabbage, beans, salsas and limes and feasted until we were no longer "hangry". It was then a short drive back to the hotel for happy hour. We drank until last call for free drinks and then Karina and Joel headed home and we took the child to bed. Tomorrow we are headed to San Diego and Seaworld. We were in bed by 9pm, regular party animals are we.

Distressed in the coils of an anaconda At the LA Zoo (2) At the LA Zoo (3) At the LA Zoo (4)

At the LA Zoo (5) Karina and Joel

Advertisement



Tot: 0.106s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb