Disney Dreams 2016


Advertisement
Published: May 17th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Graduation time came and went, and in order to celebrate this milestone I have had the great opportunity to go to Disneyland! A childhood and adulthood dream come true! On the way we stopped and visited the Seven Magic Mountains "art" collection of rocks, the beautiful desert, a tortoise and the world famous Baker thermometer.

Disneyland has proven to be much more and much different than I had imagined. We went on several rides including the storybook canal, It's a Small World, Pirates of the Caribbean, Winnie the Pooh, Haunted Mansion, and a few more. It's a small world - that about blew my brains out. It was just so much going on, it was complete sensory overload for me. To finish all of it off we waited and saw the Disney Parade of Lights which was over the top with lights and dancers and music and just fantastic energy. Lots of fun.

Way too many pictures are attached, but you can be part of the event vicariously.


Additional photos below
Photos: 96, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Much more beautiful than the rocksMuch more beautiful than the rocks
Much more beautiful than the rocks

and that is the value of rocks, people take the time to drive into the desert to see them. People drive out into the desert to see the "art", turn around, and see the beauty that is the desert. The intrinsic beauty of this space.
7 magic mountains art exhibit7 magic mountains art exhibit
7 magic mountains art exhibit

About 15 miles south of Las Vegas, near the Jean dry lake bed. Not as stupid as I thought I would of been. These are just rocks piled on each other and painted neon.
Desert TortoiseDesert Tortoise
Desert Tortoise

Finally! Got to see a little tortoise on the road.
Baker ThermometerBaker Thermometer
Baker Thermometer

Biggest in the nation!


Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0683s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb