The Disney Addiction


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
October 14th 2010
Published: August 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

August 17, 2010

To some people becomming a grown up means more bills, more responsibility, and a lot less fun.

To others, becomming a grown up means going to Disneyland whenever you want!!!!

What is it about Disney that makes some of us go wild? I mean, people go absolutely nuts, to the point of spending small fortunes visiting the parks and crying when meeting a favorite character or when the vacation has come to an end. It might seem bonkers to some, but it is a very real condition to many.

The magic begins as soon as you walk onto the center plaza between Disneyland and California Adventure. It's like there is some enormous force emanating from the center of the park pulling you in. Excitement mounts as you scan your ticket at the turnstiles and walk through the gate. For me, the biggest thrill of coming into the park is passing through the tunnel and reading the words, "Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy." And then you pass into the alternate universe of Disneyland.

Kyla and I have both been the the Happest Place on Earth several times, and cumulatively have countless hours of experience in research, contributing to our general know-all. This October, we will be seeing a new side of Disneyland - Halloween Time!

Disneyland pulls out all the stops to celebrate holidays, and Halloween is no exception. Giant candy corns, street lamps decorated with orange ribbon and jack-o-lanterns, and themed rides. The highlight of the weekend will be Micky's Halloween Party. We have attended character meals in the past, but I anticipate those will be nothing compared to a full night of special admission fun.

One of the coolest things about the Halloween party, aside from the fact that the park will have a limited number of guests because it is a ticketed event, is that we get to wear costumes! This may not excite others initially. Yes, Halloween party, wear costume. But Disneyland does not allow guests over the age of 9 to wear costumes ever. Halloween is the only exception. So you can bet we will be going all out!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb