Last Day Contiki + Following days in Venice Beach


Advertisement
Published: May 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Made our way back to Anaheim to finish the tour. We drove past Hollywood again and had an optional in Hollywood to do the Famous Houses. We jumped on a bus and had a tour of Beverly Hills and Bel Air. It was pretty interesting and cool but I took photos and don't remember who any of the houses I took photos belonged to.

When we got back to the hotel we got to do our own thing. Tour officially over. Most of us went into Disney Town for dinner but again not a big night - dinner then bed.

We met up with Chris from Canada and he also came to Venice Beach with us a few days later.

The next day Cat and I departed Anehim for our Venice Beach accommodation. We figured the cheapest way was the shuttle to the airport and then we got another shuttle to Venice beach - sneaky but much better than an estimates 100 + taxi fare.

The hotel wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. It was right on the edge of Venice Beach with Venice to the left and Santa Monica to the right - most of my time was spend in Santa Monica.

Our days in Venice introduced us to some very interesting people. Interesting can be defines as interesting, strange, scary, freaky and crazy. The homeless guy who wears only leopard skin budge smugglers/speedos who does body building, the glass eating guy, Venice beach freak show, police tackling and searching a man outside our hotel, the saitan guy and some church group preaching.

Point to the story. We survived.

Much time was spent in Santa Monica, walking the pier, dining and shopping. Our last day we checked out, bought a cheap suitcase on the beach (our flight allowed 2 checked bags) and then spent the day shopping in Venice Beach. So very proud of all my purchases. Levi Jeans, 3 pairs of Sketchers (they are like 20 bucks over there and like $120 in oz), American eagle jeans and tops. A suitcase was filled.

Then it was off to the airport and our flight home. I was devastated to leave, back to home back to work. But one door closes and another opens. Back to work, to earn money and take off on my next adventure.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb