Drizzle in CALI!


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Los Angeles » Anaheim
August 27th 2007
Published: August 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So we finally left San Diego this morning and it was --- CLOUDY! And the nice girl at the front desk told us look out, there is a chance of rain today. I was like 'you have got to be kidding me?' Well we got the rented car and started heading up to Anaheim. Over the ocean was a beautiful view of LIGHTING! By the time we got up to Anaheim it wasn't drizzling as much anymore. There weren't any places to hang out before the game near the stadium so we had to go to a little burger joint a couple of blocks away. The game was ok, not really much to route for personally between the Angels and the Blue Jays. The guy who served me a beer was from Revere, so this is now the third time I talked to someone who said they were from the "Boston area". Definitely a small world. Afterwards, we drove to Burbank to drop the car off and then got into Hollywood. The weather has been perfect since we got here. The area where we are staying is about a mile away from the Walk of Fame/Kodak Theater area and it is definitely sketchy to say the least. I was downright scared when we pulled up to the hotel. They did a great job of lighting and other effects for their pictures on the website. It's not that bad though, we are getting used to the mess that is the surrounding area. So we walked to the "Walk of Fame", saw a bunch of famous stars, and the Hollywood sign, and all the wacky people who dress up and hang out in front of the Kodak Theater ("I am Darth Nilus"). After a couple of hours in the area, there really isn't that much to see so we walked back to the hotel. I was exhausted from a long day so I just hung out in the hotel for the rest of the night.

Today (the 27th) we walked to the Dresden Restaurant and The Derby (two places from the movie "Swingers"). Both were closed so we had lunch at a Family Restaurant near by that was delicous! Tonight we head to the Dodgers Game to see Derek Lowe pitch against the Nationals. It's going to be an early morning tomorrow to get to LAX and then off to Seattle for one more night and game and then home.

I updated some pictures from California on the site so Click here to check them out!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb