Enjoying the Grover (Cold) Hot Spring-


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Up the CreekUp the CreekUp the Creek

Playing in the Grover Hot Spring which isn't hot at all
Nate, Bekki and Justin had to leave early in the day so we all had bacon and eggs early.

Jen and I packed up a huge lunch salad: of quinoa, sundried tomatoes, olives, onions, pesto sauce and lime juice. We also packed up cold white wine, beer, chips and salsa, water, small glass wine glasses, tablecloths, a portable table and eating utensils.

We piled into 3 cars and drove to Markleeville a small little town at the turnoff for Hot Springs Road. Just at the edge of the 2 block town you cross a bridge over a stream. There is a path to the stream, a path on each side with a nice little beach area. On one larger flat area we set up our table with tablecloth, all of the food, wine, beer buffet style. But while I was standing at the end of the table setting things up I felt something go by my foot, Nate looked down at that minute and saw a snake go by quickly. Good thing I didn’t see it because I would have screamed my head off!

Adults walked across the stream and lay on rocks while kids hopped around on rocks in the stream. The water was cold but refreshing making us ready to eat.

After lunch Nate, Bekki and Justin left for home while we went back to our campsite to relax for the afternoon. What a life!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0553s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb