A Hard Night In Grover Hot Springs


Advertisement
Published: July 11th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our run of luck, or rather no luck, has passed on to Clayton and Jen. Apparently their blow-up mattress deflated in the night so that their butts were dragging on the ground, Zoey woke up at 10p.m. and screamed until 2a.m. however I didn’t hear any of it, and then Zoey head butted Jen giving Jen a horrible black eye and swollen cheek. Poor Jen was in pain and all of them were so tired by morning. We did tease Jen about getting into fights,

Nate, Bekki, Elias and Justin were to arrive early this morning we thought so we were waiting, leaving notes on where we’d be, that sort of thing. Since there is no cell phone signal at all we could not rely on text to keep in touch. We are roughing it!!

Kids really wanted to go swimming so this was a good time to do that.

A little bit about Grover Hot Springs: The campground is at the end of Hot Springs Road. It consists of the campground, a cold pool (75-80F) and a hot springs which is about 105F. The pools are connected by a walkway so you can go from one to the other. The hot springs is a mineral pool so it is green in appearance. The drawback is the price so that it cost us about $40.

The girls had walked up to the pool from our campsite, about .3miles yesterday but today we thought we’d just drive. We sat in the hot springs for about an hour while kids ran back and forth between the cold and hot pools. A breeze came up and made everything way too cold.

I did find a pay phone at the visitor’s center to call Bekki on and since I hadn’t used one in probably 20 years I didn’t even know how to use it at first. They were close, had a flat tire the night before so had to return to their house and buy tires this morning.

Nate, Bekki, Elias, Justin and Izzy (Christabel’s friend) arrived late afternoon and we had a regular family gathering!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.809s; Tpl: 0.04s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.3567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb