Strange red lights in the sky.


Advertisement
Published: November 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

4 miles west of Lucerne Valley,
14-10-2002.

I've set up camp on the balconey of an old abandoned house whose walls are covered with pornographic homosexual graffity...who cares about graffity when I can spend the night here for free?
Saying goodbey to Deborah this morning I cycled 71 miles today mostly through flat desert country side, low chaparral bushes on both sides of the road, Joshua Trees slowly dwindling in abundance the further away I got from the park. Hardly any overtaking traffic.
Even the temperature was on my side today.
The only setback of the day an embarrasing situation: I was sitting stark naked on my sleeping bag here on the balconey and in the process of sacrifising some of my precious water washing the sweat off my body with a piece of cloth when a small yellow plane, a one-man crop sprayer came flying over at low altitute. maybe twenty yards off the ground and scarcely 30 yards from my veranda.
I better don't mention what part of my atonomy I was at that particular moment washing....so sure you'll understand my embarrasment.

I'm sitting on my sleeping bag enjoying the tranquility of the night, drinking luke warm beer and contemplating my luck of meeting Deborah when all of a sudden I see two red lights appaering from across the mountain range that flanks the huge plateau in front of this abandoned house.
I watch in quiet wonder while these two flickering red dots sigsag over the plateau at low altitute, sigsaging with extreme angles and eventually merging into one red light, no sounds apart from the usual nature noice at a place like this.
Watching this free show I realise I might very well be seeing the antics of secret american aircraft. I mean a good look at the map of southern California will show quite a big number of military bases.
Contemplating this the two red lights drift apart and slowly away across the mountain range hence they came
Adios to whoever you were...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.044s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb