We Arrived


Advertisement
Published: April 29th 2013
Edit Blog Post

13 04 Ice13 04 Ice13 04 Ice

Ice on the motor home Friday Morning
We left Colorado Springs on Saturday April 20, 2013 at the crack of 9:30am. We spend the week loading the motor home in a little snow and sub freezing temperatures. We were having a crazy spring with days in the 60s and then snow and temps in the teens. Jan is in a Velcro boot and cannot be on her feet too long. She has a small stress fracture and needs to be in the boot for a month starting April 9th. I told her that after May 9th, if she still has pain, I am renting her a kneeling scooter to get around the park. Unfortunately Jan has the boot on the right foot and therefore cannot drive so I must do it all.

It was sunny when we left an almost no snow on the ground. A few miles north of Denver there was a lot of snow on the ground which lasted until we passed Laramie Wyoming. Across Wyoming we had rain, sleet, snow and hail but the roads were fine. The first tank of gas was at $3.27 per gallon and a total of $200. Unfortunately, we had not warned Citibank about our trip and our
13 04 Snow on Windshield13 04 Snow on Windshield13 04 Snow on Windshield

Snow on the Windshield
card was blocked. It was also blocked the 2nd fill up after being told that it was unblocked. We dry camped in the Wal-Mart parking lot on Rock Springs WY. Our motorhome has all of the comforts and we don’t need a camp ground at $55 per night.

The second day we camped at a Flying J truck stop RV park in Battle Mountain NV for $27 per night. This was a real redneck trailer park with a lot of junk cars and duct tape holding the RVs together.

The third day we hit the bay area in the rush hour but the traffic was not too bad. We drove across the bay on the San Mateo bridge witch cost $20. It is a one way toll and we won’t have to pay it on the return trip. We got to the state park about 6pm and set up in the maintenance yard. We had a nice visit with the existing camp ground hosts and learned about our duties and about how little we will be doing except on weekends.

The next morning we headed to LA and had a fun filled 6 hour drive with stops. We have been at our son’s in North Hollywood for 6 days. We have had a great time with our grandkids who are 6 and 8. We even got to swim a couple of times in their pool.

Tomorrow, 4/28, we head back to Half Moon Bay.

Not a lot of excitement but at least we had an uneventful trip, which is always a good thing. Our gas bill was over $700 which is exciting.

My next entry will have lots of photos of the park.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0307s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb