Responsibility Day


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Gilroy
October 5th 2017
Published: October 6th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Blog 10-05-17 Responsibility Day

Yes, even when one is on vacation or a 3 month road trip there are times when you just have to stop having fun and do the laundry and the shopping. We had nothing to eat and nothing to wear so it was well beyond time to take care of business.

After a lengthy walk for the dogs we took the car to a car wash which happened to be a do it yourself establishment so we read the instructions and inserted the money. First there was the rinse then the foaming brush which I loved then the final rinse which was a real blaster. In 4 min we had the car shining like new and with the dry air here it took 2 min to air dry.

Next we headed to Walmart for food and we were thrilled to see they had everything we needed. The gas station next door had some produce so we stopped and got some corn for dinner. Phyllis was coming over for dinner and a game of Rummikub so we got all the fixings then headed to Petsmart for dog food to last us the rest of the trip.

When we got home I went to the campground laundromat to do 2 loads and Ginnie went to the local commericial laundromat to use the heave duty machines for the dogs beds. Shorty after Ginnie got back Phyllis came over and we settled on the patio for a game of Rummikub. I had not ever played before so I got the crash course on the rules and we dove right in.

It was a fun game and Phyllis won the first game but wait til tomorrow and Ginnie and I will get revenge. We made a really good dinner of chicken, salad and corn and then we all got up to witness the rise of the full moon. It was huge and a little orange and very bright.

By then Phyllis said good night and Ginnie and I retired for the night too. Phyllis is going to take us to Monterey tomorrow so we have to get up early and be ready to go by 9:30. Before Phyllis left we had the state ceremony where Ginnie put the states she had just been through on her state map, a total of 4. Phyllis had the honor of putting California on the map and we toasted and cheered. Pictures

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0579s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb