Big Trees


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Eureka
July 2nd 2013
Published: July 3rd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Big Trees abound.Charlie actually drove his bike through one. Okay it was a tourist trap but it was neat. It is located in Klamath, CA and is a must do if you are in the area. Next we headed to the Redwood National park. Charlie had to stop and snap pictures of EVERYTHING. I think being in granola eating, tree hugging, environmentally conservative artsy-fartsy country (his words not mine) is rubbing off. I am actually right at home with all this, I just have no artistic talent. He hiked up a trail with glee to snap pictures of the redwoods and lush flora. Was I surprised! From there we had a nice lunch at Trinidad on the ocean. The Seaside Cafe had a delightful dungeoness crab fare and clam chowder. Then on to the Patrick's Point State Park where we paid $7 to walk down a narrow near vertical trail over 400 m to the Agate Beach. Yes we found some nice agates and Charlie was about to fake a heart attack so he could be air lifted by the Coast Guard back up the cliff. Well, we walked back up and we saw our first banana slug.It is yellow and slimy, they are held in high esteem here. Why, we are not real sure?

Travel tip:if you own an huge RV that pulls a car loaded with kayaks and bicycles, pull over! There have been the most rude, narcissistic RV owners I have ever been around. Give the folks trying to get to work a break, they have to drive these 2 lane roads. Also the motorcyclists who are choking on your diesel fumes could use a little love.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.14s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0452s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb