Leaving Los angeles


Advertisement
Published: November 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After spending 5 months working at a hospital in Los Angeles, we are ready to begin our drive up the West Coast to see our friends in Oregon and Washington. The folks at Little Company of Mary Hospital in Torrance gave me a great sendoff and I am grateful for the time I spent there.

In my experience, faith based hospitals have a different approach to the care of the patient and the family. At Little Company of Mary, this is described in their motto to "ease the way of others". During the time I spent here there were so many experiences of thier caring behavior. On Nurses day, they met nurses at the door and blessed their hands. When a manager decided to move to another organization, they had a "sending forth" ceremony in which they thanked her and blessed her for her contribution. During difficult patient care situations, the pastoral care staff was consistently there and listening to the family and to the staff's needs.

My best to all the Perioperative staff as they continue to care for the people of their community. Below are some pictures of these great folks.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb