2 trips 1 week


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Bakersfield
January 10th 2012
Published: January 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Geez, so now that we are planning to go to New Mexico next week, yes next week, I realized that our San Francisco trip will make things really crazy.

We were not planning to go to the Fancy Foods Expo this year but then our sons asked if we’d drive the guys up, babysit kids during show hours and then the guys could have a place to sleep in our RV. This would save our son, Nate, a bunch of money. We said yes thinking that we’d just do a mini version of a grandkids trip in combination.

So I thought that the Fancy Food’s was Sat, Sun and Monday; we’d leave here on Friday and return home Monday night then fly to New Mexico on Wed a.m. and all would be hunky dory. Wrong! Fancy Food’s is Sun, Monday and Tuesday meaning that we will drive home from San Francisco on Tuesday night then fly on Wed 6a.m.

Well commitments have already been made so we must just make the best of our plans.

First we had major concerns about transporting everyone. We will drive our crew cab truck pulling our 24-1/2’ fifth wheel. We will take our middle boy, 3 other adults, plus 5 grandkids up to San Francisco, a 5 hour drive. Then we will need to drive the 4 adults to the Fancy Food’s by 10a.m. come back to the campground and pick up the 5 grandkids plus Dale and I and go to wherever we plan to go for the day. Then do the reverse by 5 pm each day for 3 days. Lots of logistics here.

So I found a campground in the city of San Francisco right at Candlestick Park. I called and talked to the manager of the park. Apparently there is a big game on Sat but if we come after 6:30 pm the rates will drop and there will be plenty of spaces. RV sites are on a parking lot and tents can’t be placed there but we will bring a tent for 2 people to stay at the tent sites.

I think that the 3 little grandkids can sleep up with us and then the older 2 can share the couch. Our son can sleep on the dinette and the other person on memory foam on the floor. Then 2 in the tent should be fine.

Driving around S.F. with 5 kids plus 2 adults in a 6 place crew cab truck will be a challenge but we will find a way to duck everyone in.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.029s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0151s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1000.5kb