A word of caution for the solo female travellers – Safety tips to pay attention to


Advertisement
Published: March 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

As per recent reports from the tourism industry, half of the business travelers comprise of women. The travel industry is still adapting itself to accomodate female travelers as they’re more vulnerable than men considering the rise of atrocities and dangers that occur with them. It is always seen that women become the most viable victims of all sorts of mishaps. If you’re a woman who is traveling alone on some trip, you’ve clicked on the right post. Read on the concerns of this post to know more on the safety advice provided by experts for the solo women who are traveling throughout the world.

Advice #1: Hoard all your valuables

Your personal debit cards and credit cards should be taken along with you and all the other valuables like your gold chain or your diamond rings should be left back at home. The cards and other smaller valuables which you carry should be either carried in your shoe or hip pocket or even inside your bra (if that’s possible) but make sure you don’t put them inside your purse. You can use a money belt in whichever way you choose; make sure you stash your cards and money to the most hard-reaching spots. Try not to carry too much of cash.

Advice #2: Appear as if you’re not traveling alone

Don’t tell anyone that you’re all on your own. In case you feel the need to lie to the society, you should do so and you don’t have to worry about your mom not forgiving you for lying. In case there is someone unknown who asks you whether this is the first time in the place you’re traveling to, you should reply saying that you’ve visited often and you love the place. Don’t promote the fact that you’re vulnerable and alone.

Advice #3: Loitering around is a strict ‘No’

When you’re traveling, make sure you don’t hang around at the rental car area or at the airport or at other spots. Make sure you even don’t stop for a phone call or a quick bite or even when it comes to checking messages. Your goal should be to move over to the next stop as soon as possible. People who are looking forward to causing trouble usually loiter around at such places. So, you should keep moving.

Advice #4: Select the accomodations watchfully

Make sure you always select a hotel chain which has got a good reputation and which also has a safety record. Don’t book a room at the ground floor; rather look for a room at the first floor, probably one which is situated near the elevator. Watch out for stairwells and emergency exits as well.

In case you’re not into all the physical tricks to protect yourself, make sure you inform yourself about the high tech personal safety devices that are available these days. Take resort to technology and leave no stone unturned to protect yourself from all odds while traveling alone.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0364s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb