India Tiger Safari - Adventure Tour and Expeditions of a Lifetime


Advertisement
India's flag
Asia » India » Madhya Pradesh » Bandhavgarh NP
November 19th 2014
Published: November 19th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Spotting the regal tiger in the wild is one of the most exhilarating experiences. If you wish to enjoy the thrill of the same you should head to India, the home to almost half of the remaining tiger population in the world. The best time to go on a unique India Tiger Safari is between October and June though the best chance to spot the tiger is in the months of April, May and June. The weather during this time is extremely hot and the big cats come down to the limited water holes to quench their thirst increasing the chance to spot them.

Apex Expeditions can guide your through the wonders of India and Nepal through an adventure tour of a lifetime. One of the best places to spot the tiger in India is the Bandhavgarh National park in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The national park known as the Land of the White Tiger is home to about 50 tigers. The Tala Zone I of the park is the best place to spot tigers and it will be advisable to book your tickets for this India Safari well in advance to avoid disappointment.

One of the places that you should not miss during your India Tiger Safari is the Ranthambore National Park located in the largest state of India - Rajasthan. The park spread over 1,300 square kilometers is a hot destination for the wildlife photographers as it offers them a chance to capture the tiger with the ruins of an ancient fort in the background. The Bakaula area of the sanctuary has a dense forest cover with small water holes and you can spot the cubs playing with their mothers by the waterholes. At Ranthambore you can add luxury to your India adventure tour by staying at the Oberoi Vanya Vilas which ranks among the top hotels of the world.

The Kanha National Park in Madhya Pradesh will take you back to your childhood days as the park resembles the jungle mentioned in Rudyard Kipling's The Jungle Book. The best way to enjoy the India safari in this park is to take an early morning elephant safari. The elephants going in the safari are trained to block the tigers giving you an excellent view of the wild cat. Apart from the tiger you can also see one of the most endangered deer species - Barasingha at the park.

The Indian Tiger Safari will be incomplete without a visit to the Jim Corbett National Park located on the foothills of the mighty Himalayas. The park, dedicated to the hunter turned conservationist Jim Corbett, will add another dimension to your India adventure tour by giving you an opportunity to see the wild elephants rampaging their way the forest to the Ramganga river. The best way to enjoy the tiger safari in this park is to spend hours enjoying the wildlife at one of the several watchtowers located in the park.
As you enjoy the India adventure tour you can head to the neighboring country of Nepal for an amazing Nepal Safari at the Chitvan National Park, located about 100 mils from the capital city of Kathmandu. The world heritage park will give you to the chance to see the elusive Royal Bengal Tiger moving around regally in the park. As you move around the park atop the Nepalese elephant you can even spot one horned Indian rhinoceros regarded among the rarest sightings on a safari.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0914s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb