Frozen Bun Run - 1/1/15


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » California » Antioch
January 6th 2015
Published: January 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

1stride of the year and it was a cold one, cold is actually an understatement it was freezing.

We took the back roads to Freeport were we met up with a few people at McDonald’s, whenever we can we avoid the freeway, in the city that is.

There was quite a crowd in the McDonald’s parking lot, maybe 10 plus bikes but I’m not sure, mostly people we’ve never met before. We pulled into the parking lot following Dianna’s lead but apparently she was planning on a drive by. We went by them and waved, Don was looking at us like we’re out of our minds. Dianna needed gas but since there really is no way to communicate we followed.

Back at McDonald’s – Al and I decided to go pee, but I guess this place wasn’t biker friendly because they closed the bathroom telling us they’re out of order but just a few minutes before some people from the group used the bathroom – never stopping there again.

Off we go down the river road heading for the Rusty Porthole, this is our 4th Frozen Bun Run and it’s one we always like to do, it sort of became a tradition. Lots of bikes were leaving already as we got close to Bethel Island, that means we’re gonna get a parking spot.

Park the bike and head for the bathroom was the first priority, then head for the Bloody Mary stand. Damn long ass line to get a drink but somehow we got up there pretty quick. Never did see any frozen buns – oh I should explain. These foolish people get in the water with the least cloth allowed by law and water ski, all of us other idiots are up on the levee road cheering them on. Oh what fun it is to be a retard every once in a while. Everyone was well behaved, we like it this way. Only one downfall – they ran out of Bloody Mary’s.

Spend a couple hours there and then took off with a smaller group then we left with, heading back to Sacramento.

It was a nippely ride but still worth it J

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb