Day 2 Oregon Vacation


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Oregon » Grants Pass
August 3rd 2014
Published: August 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Feeling a little funny after last night but still got up at 6; looked around the room and had a slight panic attack - gheez this room hasn't seen a good cleaning in a while. We gathered our things and got out of there, don't think I will ever stay there again. There was ashes all over the bike from the fires and still lots of smoke in the air.

Need some breakfast to soak up the alcohol - the only place serving breakfast was the Frontier Cafe which is attached to the bar from last night. The place was tolerable but came with a pretty big price tag for where it is.

Decided to take Indian Creek Road out of Happy Camp to Hwy199. The road felt a little eerie to me , no cars or houses for a very long stretch and ahead of us on the road 2 baby black bears playing. Oh man, momma must not be to far away. Held my breath, closed my eyes because this was gonna be it - I would leave this world as breakfast to a bear. Al revt the engine and they ran, we kept going - yeah wasn't my time to go. After about an hour we finally made it out of the forest.

Turned right onto 199 towards Grants Pass - need coffee, so we stopped at a little coffee shop in Cave Junction. Wow; Bechulli Oil haven't smelled that in a while- coffee was great, cave juncation reminds me a little of hippieville..

We just wanted to get to the house, unload the bike and take a shower. House was a mess when we got here and just after I hung up leaving a message for the property mgmt the cleaning lady showed up. the woman had zero personality - she said check in wasn't till 3 but we arranged to get their earlier. I wasn't gonna waste my breath on her - so we told her we'll be back at 3 but we're leaving our stuff.

Went to Bee Gees Diner in Rogue River for lunch, had some killer Hamburgers, bought some groceries and headed back to the house again.

All good now; took a shower to get the dirt from the road off -and felt like in seven heaven. Opened a bottle of wine to relax with on the patio, listening to the rogue river below us.

Al came running out of the house telling me some people just walked in and said they paid to rent this place - we'll so did we. Oh crap they double booked the house. I felt really bad for them but we were the lucky ones by getting here first. we spend an hour with them, while they were dealing with the property mgmt company, finally they found them a place to stay and they left. The property mgmt company really screwed up and if I was the owner they would be fired.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1146s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb