Leaving from LAX to Cancun


Advertisement
Published: July 12th 2022
Edit Blog Post

So in loveSo in loveSo in love

Tory had Rosie' daisies in her hair
The trip was planned last October with the idea of getting away for Steve and Tory's 10-year anniversary with no kids. We wanted to go somewhere similar to our Honeymoon in Costa Rica, which was 10 amazing days spent between Tamarindo Beach and Nayara at the Arenal Volcano. Panama was an option but Cancun was recommended by our travel agent Debbie and the Haven Riviera all-inclusive resort was the place.

We started the night before by dropping off Nathan and Rosie to sleep the night before we left at a friends house, Dean and Michelle Lee, because we were leaving for the airport early the next morning. Vivian stayed with us on the last night because the previous day was very rough for her. She had to have her front tooth extracted and was in pain the whole night, so we weren't sure about leaving her at the Lee's house to sleep another night. Sure enough, Vivian was fine and Steve took her over to the Lee's house in the morning to reunite with her brother and sister with some cuddles on the couch to watch tv and spend the next 4 days with the Lee's before Steve's parents, Susie
Pool at nightPool at nightPool at night

Blue lights
and George, took over for the last 3 days. Steve went back home and rode to the airport with Tory with our driver David and we began the 7-day vacation without any kids...wow! Tory got off to a better start at the airport since she still has TSA pre, while poor Steve's had expired and he had to take off his belt and shoes in security like a peasant.

The flight and clearing customs in Cancun was quick and easy. It took some time to find our travel arrangements outside the airport, as you get bombarded with taxi's and shuttles trying to usher you to their cars or probably kidnap you. Thankfuly, we got into our private van and rode to the resort. Cancun is very lush with greenery and our resort was 10 miles south of the airport and much more private than the main island where most of the hotels are. We were greeted and taken good care of at Haven, and checked into our room before wanting to go to dinner since we were both hungry from only eating the United Airlines snack pack for lunch all day. Dinner was at a Japanese Restaurant with sushi and a hot grilled plate of meat skewers with some other side dishes that filled us up after a long travel day. After that, we jumped into the jacuzzi part of the pool for a little night swim before calling it a night. Even with the flying and shuttling part, there was a sense of relaxation that can only be felt without kids. Of course, we still missed them and were looking at videos and pictures of them all day on our phones.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Steve waitingSteve waiting
Steve waiting

No belt, no shoes...no TSA Pre!
Front EntryFront Entry
Front Entry

To Haven


Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0765s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb