11 Days and a Wake Up! St Jean Pied de Port France, ( Preview)


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arkansas » Benton
September 11th 2014
Published: September 12th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Madrid to St Jean Pied du Port France By Taxi .


So much for stuff and things .I want to talk some about how my exquisite , precise planning skills will be getting us to St Jean Pied du Port France where our first overnight lodging is located . First there's the plane tickets . I was able to get our airline fares paid for with my frequent flyer miles. The only out of pocket expense for the flight were the taxes collected from the airlines and some nominal fees . ( You know .. them FEES 😉 ) but really that's not so bad considering how much it would have cost if I had to dole out greenbacks . The money saved is being used for better purposes which I will tell you about here in a little bit.

The first leg flight takes us out of NW Arkansas at 6am to Chicago O'Hare were we will hang out until 5pm . The second leg is to Madrid that gets us in around 7:30 am . I have a taxi reserved to take us from Madrid to St Jean Pied de Port . Here's where some of those savings I mentioned are spent . The non-taxi option is that once we landed in Madrid ,catch a train from the airport to the train station,buy train tickets for Pamplona ,spend the night in Pamplona , bus in the a.m. to St Jean Pied du Port. Given that we will be hoofing it for six weeks we would just as soon take the slightly more expensive, direct , snoozy option. Besides Laurie gets motion sickness , best not prolong the suffering.

St Jean Pied du Port according to Wikipedia

"Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port (literally meaning "Saint John at the foot of the mountain pass" in French)is a commune in the Pyrénées-Atlantiques department in south-western France close to Ostabat in the Pyrenean foothills. The town is also the old capital of the traditional Basque province of Lower Navarre. This is also the starting point for the Camino Frances, the most popular option for travelling the Camino de Santiago"



The taxi will be dropping us off at a Bed & Breakfast Maison Donamaria where we will crash and burn for the night . The next day is a roaming day to check out the sights , knosh, rest up some more and get ready to head for Orission our first stop for the night after leaving St Jean,

Next Issue. Back to the Backpacks

Advertisement



Tot: 0.324s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb