Home at last


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
October 27th 2009
Published: June 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Our little pitch and puttOur little pitch and puttOur little pitch and putt

Sun Lakes has this little par 3 course that we practice on every day. My short game should get a lot better after two months of this. We'll see. That's the community center w/pool, restaurant, library, shuffleboard, health complex, etc. etc., and tennis courts in the background.
Geo: 33.2111, -111.875

We made it to our abode for the next 2 months and have been busy unpacking and setting up house. Our Toyota was crammed with boxes, 'cause with the long trip ahead we were hoping to spend the minimum on eating out while here.
Hence, the cabinet full of stuff, plus 2 coolers from the fridge and freezer.
We're staying in a friend's place and since Bob loves a project, he begged him for some odds and ends he could do while here. So he's installing his second bathroom faucet now, and yesterday we hosed out the Arizona room.
We'd call it a sun porch and every house here has one, a screened in porch/deck/extension with afternoon shade. Imagine, with the dust storms Arizona gets--and we're on the edge of several miles of barren fields--imagine how the dust can fly!
Oh yes, and we're getting a little of it now, all over our newly cleaned sun room. It's pushing in a cold front, and I use that term loosely, being a Montanan and all (it's getting all the way down to 61 tomorrow). The forecast was for gusts to 35mph --it's doing at least that now.
At home a cold front this time
Local swimming holeLocal swimming holeLocal swimming hole

The wrinkled ones and their water aerobics.
of year would spell doom for nice weather, but we'll pop back up into the 80's by Saturday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 41; dbt: 0.037s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb