Las Vegas


Advertisement
United States' flag
North America » United States » Arizona
June 13th 2017
Published: June 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Left Ash Fork early and set off towards Vegas.After about ½ an hour travelling something told me to get off the Freeway and explore a country township. I don’t know why I chose the town I did I just did it on a whim. Happened to be the Birthplace of Route 66 The town was call Seligman in Arizona. It is still a very old town. You could still believe its 1957 say. Very interesting to walk around. Next stop was Kingman where they mine Turquise. Not that they would let me get any unless I paid a high price for it. Drop into the Visitors centre and the Lady on the desk was very helpfull. Gave me a couple of maps and different routes to take. From here it was onto Vegas via a short stop at the Hoover lodge. Had a quick walk around Fremont St. I wasn’t impress as much as last time I was here. Then met up with a gaming friend on fb Rosie Lynn for dinner and chat. Then toured Hooters which is more gaming oriented here than a restaurant and Coyote Ugly. Went and tried out my luck at one of the many casinos. Got back to the car to realise Id lost my keys. I had a good idea as to where I last had them so went there first. Of course they weren’t there so ask one of the staff and he directed me to the security office. Luckily someone had handed them in. Whew. Got back to the car and got out of town to find a place to sleep . It was about 4am by this time. Back up by 8am and on the track again back to Kingman then further south towards Tucson.



Have I told you yet even to my standards as a nomadic traveller how dull the scenery is between stops. It doesn’t change much so you do notice subtle changes occasionally. Like going south most of the way its low brush or scub as I call it. Then there was scub with Cacti then scrub with Joshua trees, then scrub with Pricklypair and finally all 4 together. Well it broke up the boredom a bit. Got as far as Casa Grande for the night. Next day headed towards Tombstone. Stopped at a Maccas just outside of Tucson to use the wifi. Still wouldn’t let me add the photos I wanted too. You will all have to wait until I get home and sort them out. While there I caught up with another fb friend with the same name as myself. She was better looking than me though. We chatted for over an hour and she gave me ideas on where to go around town to get out of the heat etc... So I took stock of what Kim said and headed into the hills/canyon. Very enjoyable Tucson would almost be the size of Dandenong. After my side trip headed to Tombstone and had a drink at Doc Holliday’s saloon.

What do you think of my new haircut

Advertisement



14th June 2017

Kim Humphreys
Your hair looks good but you look like a crook I know you are having a ball so smile. Love your photos. Be good Betty
18th June 2017

Your haircut
I think I like the one I saw in person best.

Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0194s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb